Tuesday, September 24, 2013

More Than the Physical (Part 2)

So, after my last doctors appointment, I was feeling kinda down.  I know the CT results were good, but I did let my surgeon's words get to me.  Now I needed to pick myself back up and get on with my healing.  I felt that as long as I was carrying this fear with me, I was hindering the healing.  So, what to do?

The first thing I did was set up some time to get some more RET (Rapid Eye Technology) done.  I was lucky that I knew a practitioner, and she could see me rather quickly.  We worked on healing and fear in this session together.  It was almost an instantaneous transformation afterwards with me.  I felt confident and powerful once more, but also tired and ready to take a nap.  (For those that don't remember, here is a link for more information:  http://rapideyetechnology.com.)

The next thing I did was call my Osteopathic physician and set up an appointment with her.  She has this wonderful therapeutic way about her.  It is so nice to just sit down and talk with her and run ideas past her. She truly is gifted energetically as well.  You always walk out of her office with a great sense of well being, and she does give the best advice.

She advised me to really think about who I see as doctors and how often I see them.  She advised me to look within myself and see what I really needed.  One wonderful thing about her, she never tells me what to do. She always encourages me to find my own way.  Everyone is different, and we all require different things. We all have to find our own way.  I have also noticed that once I have made decisions, she will support me even if she doesn't understand them herself.

Once I left her office, I asked myself, "Do I need to see a radiation oncologist?".  My first thought was of course not.  I have no intention of ever having any radiation treatments done.  I would be wasting both my time and the doctor's and staff's time.  I asked the same thing about this new oncologist.  My Osteopathic physician had told me she had heard good things about this oncologist and he was open to alternative treatments, so I decided I would at least consults with him and see how I felt with him.

So, what else have I done to help with controlling the fear?  I listen to good dancing music and I keep moving.  When you dance, it's hard to be depressed or scared or in that place of fear.  It must release a happy endorphin, because it's really hard to not be happy when you dance and wave your arms around a bit.

I have also researched more in the spiritual realm of healing with help from God, Heavenly Father, and our Creator.  It seems there are so many ways to do this.  Meditation is something that I am really working on. There are so many ways and different techniques.  Daily affirmations and visualizations are super important to me as well.  I also try to always pray and give gratitude for all the many blessings in my life, for I know that my life is full of them.  Learning to see this diagnosis as a blessing has really opened up doors for me too. You just know you've got to be healing when you can give thanks for all things.

I have also started reading about other people in my situation that have healed themselves in similar ways. It's good to see that this can be done with the right attitude and physical environment.  There are so many people out there and each used his or her own method to bring themselves back to health.

I would be very lost without all of my Gerson buddies that I met at the clinic in Mexico.  What an amazing support system I have found there.  It's nice to know they understand me and where I'm coming from in most cases.  Even though they all live very far away, I know they are all just an email away.  I love modern technology!

My family and friends (it's sometimes hard to differentiate the two as they are all both  family and friends to me) have been an amazing help.  A simple text or message from a friend makes the day that much better. Some friends give me resources and books to read or send me links for different meditation and spiritual healing techniques. Others take me away for the weekend.  The support and the love is always coming, and I always appreciate it.  I truly feel like the luckiest girl around.  I am blessed beyond measure.  How can you be down when you are surrounded by love?

So what's next?  I believe I will try me some Theta Healing.  The class starts the beginning of November.  It sounds very interesting to say the lest.  It has helped a close family member recover from debilitating back pain. What is Theta Healing?  Good question.  Here is the answer that I found from their website:

"ThetaHealing® is a technique that focuses on thought and prayer. ThetaHealing® teaches how to put to use our natural intuition, relying upon unconditional love of Creator Of All That Is to do the actual “work”. We believe by changing your brain wave cycle to include the “Theta” state, you can actually watch the Creator Of All That Is create instantaneous physical and emotional healing." 

(http://www.thetahealing.com/about-thetahealing.html)

I can't wait to learn more about it to help with my healing journey.  I'm always willing to learn and ask questions about new things.  You never know if they are the right for you until you do the research.

So, let me know what works for all of you.  Feel free to leave a comment about what you do to center yourself and find that inner peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment