Tuesday, September 17, 2013

My Four Month CT Scan

9/3/13

So, early the day after Labor Day weekend, I had my four month CT scan done.  I was counting down the days to see what was going on in there.  I was pretty excited to say the least.  I just wanted the good news to share with everyone.  From the beginning of this journey, I have felt that I was going to make it through this.  

I had the scan at the hospital with my old work buddies.  They were so good to me, and Sandy only had to poke me once to get the IV in.  Yay!  The CT was of my complete chest, abdomen, and pelvis.  It is designed to see and look for metastasis of the disease process to all of my major organs especially the liver, lungs, and bones.  These three places are the most common areas for metastasis.  

Just as a review, I will once again share with you what was seen on the PET/CT done four months earlier just before my double mastectomy.  First, the entire left breast was affected with multiple lymph nodes near and around the axilla or arm pit area.  Luckily, the right side seemed to be free of any metastasis.  The one not so great part about the right side was a lymph node lit up on the inside of the chest just under the sternum or breast bone.  

The scan itself was uneventful, and so I was able to go start my juicing and the rest of my daily schedule.

Just a bit after 10 am, I got a phone call from my surgeon who was the ordering physician for the scan.  He's always so good about getting a hold of me in a timely manner.  He Jumped in to say that he got the results to my CT scan.  He said first the lymph nodes inside the chest cavity itself seemed to be of normal shape and size now.  Of course they can only really be called normal after a biopsy.  Next, he said that there we at least two lymph nodes seen still in my axilla or armpit area.  There was no metastasis to any of the major organs that they could see.  That was the best news of all!

He then said he would like to make an appointment to see me, and I commented that we already had one scheduled for Thursday, and I would see him then.  




No comments:

Post a Comment