Thursday, September 19, 2013

Phone Consult with Dr. Cervantes

9/4/13

I was very happy to have this phone conversation with my good buddy Dr. Cervantes.  I was a bit disappointed by my CT results even though they were quite positive.  I guess I just wanted to see complete eradication of all disease.  I have been working so hard, and I have been so good at sticking with it.  Honestly, the diet is not hard for me at all.  I don't have any cravings.  I just wanted so badly for things to work super fast even though I know God has a plan, and things work in their own good time.  

Anyhow, the first thing Dr. Cervantes says when he gets on the phone is that he is very pleased with the CT results.  No progression of the disease, and in fact it seems as if the lymph nodes under the breast bone on the right side have become normal.  Yay!  He wasn't concerned about the lymph nodes in my armpit at all.  He was sure the only reason they could be seen at all is because my body was reacting to the therapy.  When this happens, my body starts to attack any cancer cells in the body.  When your body is fighting anything off, it causes inflammation and slight swelling at the site.  This inflammation would then make it much easier to see on any imaging. 

I'm not sure why I needed validation from him because I knew all of this, but this is just what I needed and wanted to hear from him.  Maybe it is because this is what he does for a living and he knows it all inside and out.  I was happy with this and was ready to hear what else he had to tell me, so we began to go through the labs one by one.  We started with the CBC (Complete blood count):

He was happy with my complete blood count.  He said the numbers are showing the my body is reacting well to the nutrients I'm feeding it, and it is creating a good immune response.  

The Auto Differnetial just breaks down the numbers of the white blood cells (WBC), and again it shows good immune response as Dr. Cervantes puts it.  

The Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP) was very good as well.  It showed that my kidneys and liver are functioning very well which is so important for my body to detox correctly.  My sodium and potassium levels also were in good order.  

My UA or urinalysis did show a +1 for leukocytes or white blood cells (WBC).  This is not really bad or dangerous, but it can be a sign that I have an infection of some sort.  Most likely I had a very mild UTI or other similar infection.  Dr. Cervantes didn't seem very worried, but he did encourage me to be extra sure to eat my plain, nonfat yogurt each morning and night.  He was very pleased with my high pH.
My TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) was right on.  No worries there.  
My T4 Free was good as well.  Not a surprise.
My Lipid panel showed that my overall cholesterol was very good.  Of course my HDL or good cholesterol was a bit low, but once again not surprising when the only fat I have every day is 1 tablespoon of flax seed oil.
My Vitamin D jumped from a 29 last month to a 34 this month and is now in the normal range.  I guess that's what will happen when you take 5000 IU a day to help with that.

Once he was done with the labs he asked about my weight.  (I thought he should know better than to ask a girl this, but he is a man and a doctor.)  I had actually gained two pounds back this last month.  He was very happy about this.  Of course I was not underweight or anything, but this meant that he could once again increase the amount of potassium compound I could use with each drink.  It must make a big difference.

Now for the new schedule....
Here are the big changes he implemented for me this month:
  1. Castor oil treatment only once a week. (Yay!)
  2. Potassium from 1 teaspoon to 2 teaspoons
  3. Make sure to get lots of sleep.  If needed on occasion do just 4 coffee breaks a day to get the extra rest needed.
  4. If I want, I can wait until the end of October for the next phone consult.  (I have to have it done monthly so I can have them write a letter to my work monthly to update them on m condition...)
He commented multiple times how happy he was with my progress.  He called me Super Mom a few times, but I told him it was really Super Dad around this place.  I couldn't do this without all of the hard work of my husband.  To be honest, all of my friends and family have been amazing in so many ways.  I'm blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I just got reading through a few of your posts. I am involved in the cancer community and had a quick question for you. I was hoping you could email me back when you get the chance. Thanks! - emilywalsh688@gmail(dot)com.

    Emmy

    ReplyDelete